New Tab Links
Add-on Releases (Version History)
About this add-on
New Tab Links will automatically open links in new tabs using a long-left click and - optionally - using a normal right click. Ideal for anyone who likes to open links in new tabs, or those using touch-screen devices.
- To enable the right-click function, use the options panel, available via the menu system or by pressing Alt+Shift-F2.
- To enable/disable the extension, there's a button that you can drag to the toolbar (right-click on any toolbar and select 'Customize'), or a status bar button that can be added or removed via the options menu.
New Tab Links is a fork of Right Links by Infocatcher.
There are some advanced options available under about:config :
- extensions.newtablinks.showContextMenuTimeout : The timeout before context menu will be shown (in milliseconds). Use -1 to disable this feature.
- extensions.newtablinks.longLeftClickTimeout : The delay for the long left-click (in milliseconds)
- extensions.newtablinks.notifyOpenTime : Hide pop-up messages after this time is over. Use -1 to disable.
- extensions.newtablinks.loadInWindow, extensions.rightlinks.loadInWindow.left : Open links in new windows instead of new tabs - but some features won't work!
- extensions.newtablinks.filesLinksMask : Mask of links to files (use regular expressions).
- extensions.newtablinks.filesLinksPolicy :
0 – don't check links
1 – open links to files in current tab
In addition, you can modify the hot keys for extensions.newtablinks.key.toggleStatus and forextensions.newtablinks.key.showSettingsPopup using one or more modifiers together with a key:
- modifiers: control, alt, shift, meta, accel or os
- keys: any character or special code
For example to enable Ctrl+Alt+R, use extensions.newtablinks.key.toggleStatus = "control alt R"
To disable the hotkeys, leave the preferences empty.
Note that :
- Some combinations of key and modifiers won't work
- Close and restart the browser to enable the changes
Released: January 24, 2023